Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Tuesday 8 April 2014

4 steps for super Spring/Summer skin

Everyone is gearing up for the summer and top of my list is preparing my body for the warm weather and banishing the signs of winter!

My method for preparing my skin are these 4 easy steps:

1. Body brushing

Body brushing is the cheapest way of giving your skin a real glow, smoothing skin and increasing circulation, perfect for rejuvenating your skin for summer.

It only takes a couple of minutes every day and I've found it to be one of the best things for getting rid of any dimples as it flushes out toxins, stimulates your skin and improves your skin tone.

Do it before showering at any time of the day, I do it in the morning. Start at your feet and always brush up your body towards your heart, concentrating on any stubborn areas (thighs, bum etc.)

You can buy body brushes at all good health shops, mine came from Hydrea which you can buy on Amazon for £7.50



2. Cloud 9 skin treatment



Another step for firm and beautiful skin this summer is using a skin smoothing or cellulite-fighting product.

Cloud 9 do an amazing treatment, Body Makeover cellulite treatment £35, which uses all natural products including caffeine and extracts of ivy to improve the appearance of your skin.

It comes in a clear gel which melts easily into your skin and the best part is, it has an immediate tightening effect! I noticed it straight away after the first application. 

The texture is really smooth and not sticky, unlike other skin treatments I have tried, and the smell, although slightly medical is really addictive. I just wish the tube of gel was bigger!

This combined with plenty of weighted squats and lunges in the gym will tone you up in no time...


3. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!

Your skin is the first thing with will age noticeably. Don't just stop at moisturising your face, moisturise your entire body - it tasks less that 5 minutes every day, and it will really pay off.

I either use Johnson's baby oil or Avene body oil (I buy this in France, but you can get it on Amazon here).

The trick here is to use oils in the bath, or before/in the shower as the excess water will hydrate your skin even more.

You can apply them immediately after a bath or shower while your skin is still wet. I love using oils as they really hydrate your skin and they smell incredible. Plus they make your skin unbelievably soft!

My other option is a classic Nivea body lotion. I love the clean smell of it and the thick consistency. I put this one on our to 3 times a week after a bath or shower and before bed. When you sleep, you skin heals and rejuvenates so properly moisturising will help your skin all the more!

4. Hydrate

I cannot express the importance of drinking water. If you increase your water consumption, it is so noticeable in your skins appearance. 

I drink hot water and lemon in the morning before I eat anything as this is a great way to aid in digestion, clear skin and give your body a detox. Throughout the day I drink at least 2 litres of water, in herbal teas or fruit infused water (more on this soon!)

So there we have it, those are my 4 steps for preparing my skin for summer... What are your steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment