Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Monday 7 May 2012

BlanX teeth whitening treatment

I've never had a problem with yellowing teeth, but lately I have noticed the dulling effects of normal things in my diet (like tea, which I love) on my teeth. So I decided to try a gentle whitening toothpaste to see if it would brighten them! BlanX intensive whitening treatment aims to naturally whiten your teeth and protect them staining from tea, coffee and red wine amongst other things.


Advanced Whitening mouthwash (left) and Extrawhite Intensive Whitening treatment (right)

Fascinatingly the main ingredient in the BlanX range is lichen. So how does an Arctic plant help whiten your teeth?  Well it aims to combat the bacteria which causes cavities. It removes bacteria that sticks to enamel and penetrates deeply into teeth to remove bacterial residues and stains caused by food and drink.

I love expedition stories, and this one is that American scientists discovered natives of the Arctic islands had exceptionally white and healthy teeth. They cleaned their teeth with raw Lichen which grew nearby. A lot of research later they isolated the active ingredients in the Lichen and BlanX created this range. The BlanX collection also contains fluorides which re-inforces tooth enamel. While many whitening toothpastes show fast results they can also harm your teeth in the longterm. BlanX toothpaste I was relieved to find out is designed for everyday use and is non abrasive, because it uses non abrasive silica, so it is very safe to use!

So how did I get on? Well I was very impressed! The toothpaste is very gentle on your teeth. It has really nice mild minty taste, which freshens your breath and lasts for ages. I also used the Whitening mouthwash, which is also very gentle, and doesn't make your mouth feel on fire after you've used it! After 2 weeks I'm happy to say I did notice a difference. 

This is my teeth before (not overly dis-coloured but in need of some brightening)


These are my teeth after. I think they look brighter! But maybe the camera doesn't do them justice

The advanced treatment I used aims to whiten teeth in 15 days. You should then continue twice a day for two weeks, four times a year for best results, using your normal BlanX toothpaste.

The BlanX range is available from ASDA, Boots, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Superdrug and Wilkinson or online at www.blanxuk.com


The products I used are the Extrawhite Intensive Whitening treatment (middle) £10.49 and the Advanced Whitening mouthwash (far left) £5.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment