Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Friday 30 March 2012

Imedeen Tan Optimizer tablets

As the sun is out, I thought I’d do a post on Imedeen Tan Optimizer tablets, as everyone seems to be trying to catch a few rays at the moment.


Before I went on holiday to Greece last summer, I had been taking Imedeen tablets for a month before I went away. 

Being fair skinned and light eyed, 9 times out of 10 I burn in the sun. So I thought it would be great to give my skin some extra preparation. 

(I also went for a Sienna X spray tan the day before which is a great way to start the holiday with a tan and build it up naturally.)

The Imedeen tablets work by naturally developing your skin for sun exposure and aiding in its natural tanning. The tablets stimulate the body's natural production of melanin, the pigment which develops skins colour


So how did I fare in the 30 degrees heat? 

Automatically on my first day I knew that something was working, because even though I did catch the sun a little, I did not burn to the extent I normally do.

BUT this may have been due to taking the time to apply a decent amount of sun cream. 

As the holiday progressed I did notice I didn’t burn as badly as I have done in the past when spending all day in the sun. (But I kept my face and shoulders in the shade at midday and kept reapplying sun cream religiously!)


What I would say, is that as a fair skinned girl, I definitely didn’t burn as much as I normally do. But I didn't tan any better. 

I think if you have fair skin, you just have to except that you won't tan in the sun easily.

Personally, I think this product is suited to people whose skin already tans well. Because these tablets could make it last a lot longer. They are worth a try anyway!


Just to clarify these tablets do not protect your skin from sun damage. They just claim to enhance your sun tan and make it last longer. You must still use a decent SPF when in the sun (I’d recommend SPF30+)


For now I think I’ll just stick to wearing a good SPF and fake tanning ;)

They are priced at £40.85 at Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment