Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Tough Mudder – Tough Make-up

I took part in Tough Mudder, London West 2014 nearly a month ago, and for anyone who knows me, they know I’d never leave the house without wearing ANY make up at all. 

Even if I’m taking part in the "Toughest event on the planet" which involved ice water, mud, electric shocks, barbed wire… watch this video to see what i mean:



So what make-up did I wear on the day?

1. Waterproof mascara – a must for me. I used Barry M Lash Vegas (£6.49) waterproof mascara which I bought on a whim in Topshop.

Staying power: 5/5 - Very impressed with it, it stayed for the duration of the event through wind, rain, mud and jumping off a 15ft stand into ice water!




2. Tinted Moisturiser – Korres Watermelon Lightweight tinted moisturiser in Honey – this stuff is oil free and waterproof. It's my favourite tinted moisturiser for summer as it has an SPF30. Sadly you can’t buy it in the UK so I have to order it from abroad.



Staying power: 3/5 it stayed on for the majority of the event, but the rain and water were too much for it.

3. Lip balm – I wore Nuxe lip balm before the event (£9.50) I love this lip balm for 2 reasons; it's matte, which I really prefer in balms as you can layer lipstick on top of it easier. Also, its just such a great balm - it makes your lips incredibly soft. Definitely worth a purchase.



4. Anti-chafing gel - wise as you'll be running in wet clothes. Used this on my um...nips…just in case. And it was GLORIOUS! No chafing whatsoever :)




5. Hair - Went for the classic pony tail – avoid grips and take any piercings out as you’ll have to do 2 obstacles where you’ll get electric shocks. 

What clothes did I wear?

The key to Tough Mudder is to wear Dri-Fit… and wearing as little as possible. I wore:




Nike Dri-Fit Capri pants



Nike X-back sports bra. And my sponsor t-shirt which was also Dri-Fit.





Bear in mind, you will get extremely wet and muddy/dirty from the obstacles and you may rip you clothes on wood splinters and barbed wire etc. So my advice is to wear old kit that you don't mind getting ruined!

Normal running trainers are fine – some of my team invested in trail trainers but I was fine in my normal trainers and they get ruined anyway!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment