Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Monday 17 March 2014

Maxitone - Definity

I've never used protein shakes in the past.

I think, like most girls, they made me think of bulking up and that small selection of men in the weights area of the gym you tend to avoid...you know the ones.

So I did a little digging and learnt that instead of helping you bulk up, protein shakes help your muscles repair and recover well after exercising. So really it's a win win situation if you exercise frequently and want to tone up or lose weight.


Part of my healthy eating and get fit regime (I've signed up to do Tough Mudder next month and so have been in the gym everyday sweating it out trying to build my strength up and get fit!) now includes Maxitone's Definity Protein Plus powder in Raspberry Ripple£24.99 (It's £16.92 on Amazon at the moment - check here). 

The Maxitone shaker comes in a few sizes and is £3.99 on Amazon

If exercising frequently they recommend taking 1 scoop daily before exercising. So I put half a scoop in my porridge in the morning (it gives it a nice thick texture and actually tastes really good)

Then I have another half scoop which I mix with 200ml of water about an hour before I go to the gym. 

Taste wise - I prefer it in the porridge than as a shake. As a shake you can taste the protein and not much of the raspberry. The shakes are available in Chocolate Toffee and Raspberry Ripple. I've also read that mixing it with Almond milk gives it a better taste...that's to be tested next.

Maxitone is a nice brand as it gives you meal plan ideas. Always helpful! Since taking the shakes (I've been taking them for about a week) I have noticed I have more energy to workout than before. Which means I go all out and exhaust myself more.

If you're new to protein shakes this is a good one to try as it's only got 111 calories per serving.

FYI: These shakes are not to be used as meal replacements. They are good for inbetween meals to meet your protein needs and help your muscles repair from exercise.

Do you use protein shakes? Which ones work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment