Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Thursday 21 April 2011

Aqua Marine Queen

Is it just me...or are you LOVING the aqua blue trend this SS11? So many make-up brands are jumping on the bandwagon and using some strong aquamarine colours for their latest collections. I'm terrible at embracing colour through clothes...I tend to stick to black and therefore like to experiment with beauty instead! So I'm going to gather the best of the bunch which I've been experimenting with, ready for your bank holiday weekend! (Have to apologise...my camera is broken so for the moment I can't add any pictures of me actually using the products...which would have been better. Booooooo)




First of all.... Barry M in Pure Turquoise. I cant fault BM for nail varnish. Its such a great price and there are some beautiful colours. Pure Turquoise is a great one for this Spring/Summer trend, and it looks so beachy and bright!! I have it on my fingers and toes and the moment...enjoying this rather ridiculous heatwave we are having in London! Yayyyyy BBQ weather!


Barry M pure turquoise £2.99 at Superdrug (photo borrowed from http://nikkisnailcreations.blogspot.com...my camera died!!)


Next, MAC's Wonder Woman Opulash. This mascara is wicked. HUGE barrel brush and amazing packaging and the blue is really strong. So instead of using a standard black for your night out...why not add a bit of POW! If not over the whole eye..I often just add some to the outer corner lashes for a bit of an eye pop.




Opulash Mascara in 'Themyscira' £14.50


Another fave blue nail varnish of mine is Priti NYC in Kingfisher Daisy nail polish, available at CultBeauty.co.uk for £8.95 they have some AMAZING summer colours.

Kingfisher Daisy nail polish £8.95

As mentioned in my last post, NARS are doing an incredible trio eyeshadow caled 'Cap Ferret', perfect for this season. It comes with 3 colours which are really pigmented. The lightest one can be used as a highlighter, whilst the others can be experimented in with how much colour you want. I only needed a little bit of product to work into my eye lid. NARS eyeshadows are extremely soft as well, so be careful when transporting them. the amount of times I have dropped them...its just distressing!! Haha.

NARS 'Cap Ferret' £33
Have a lovely Bank holiday weekend everone in the UK...enjoy it. I'm sure you've all been working hard! I'm off to the pub.


No comments:

Post a Comment