Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Thursday 19 April 2012

The lovely Eve Lom

Since my skin has become more sensitive (see my earlier post on Roaccutane) and I’m terrified of developing acne again, my cleansing ritual has changed tenfold. For me, this is the area of skin-care where I don’t mind spending a bit of money. To make sure all the dirt and bacteria I have picked up throughout the day on my face is taken off in a kind, gentle way.

Last year I was given a sample of Eve Lom’s cleansing treatment, and liked it so much I invested in a pot. The cleanser has an unusual texture, almost like a paste. It feels quite oily, but smells delicious like a mixture of eucalyptus and mint. 


The beauty of this product is you only need a tiny bit. You massage the cleanser all over your dry face, (concentrating if you need on any areas which you are suffering with spots). It picks up all the makeup residue and oil/dirt you have picked up over the day. Massaging it into your face cleanses tones and moisturises your skin. I do this for about 1-2 minutes. 


Then you use a muslin cloth (which comes with the cleanser) soak it in warm water, wring it out and place over your face to open all your pores. Then use the cloth to gentle exfoliate and remove the cleanser. It takes a bit of getting use to, but the result is soft clean skin, and it keeps any blemishes at bay which keeps me very happy :)



I’ve been using it for about 6 months and my skin loves it. It is a bit of an investment, but if like me your skin is one of the things you worry about the most, this cleanser is definitely worth it.  

Eve Lom is available at Space NK from £40 here

No comments:

Post a Comment