Bourne Beautiful

Bourne Beautiful

Wednesday 6 June 2012

New Additions

Over the Jubilee weekend, inbetween watching the 1000 boat floatilla on the Thames and eating a lot of cake I purchased a couple of new goodies...


First, Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturiser - £33 from Space NK


Porcelain is nearest match I could get to my skin tone in this, I could perhaps have gone a bit darker, I prefer having a lighter base which I can then build up with bronzer. T
here aren't that many shades and colour matching is quite tricky with this one.


              
It has a thick texture, which dries really quickly so it's quite hard to blend with a brush, I found it easier using my hands. You can build the colour up to give more coverage, if like me you like a medium coverage. Or even top it up with a bit of foundation if you want that extra coverage as it acts as a great base too. Plus it has an SPF of 20 which I'm obsessed with in most of my foundations and moisturisers...

The downside is the price - It is expensive for a tinted moisturiser. But because of the coverage it gives, maybe I could forgive myself spending £33 on it.

I would also be inclined to buy another shade and mix the 2. But considering how much it is that could work out pretty expensive, so for now I'll stick to a light dusting of bronzer.


Second, Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in 'Sable' - £14.50 in John Lewis

                        
Eyeshadow for my eyebrows. A friend (Charlotte :) introduced me to this shade, and it's perfect. Really pigmented so you don't need a lot on your brush to apply a decent amount. The Bobbi Brown girl told me that lots of brunettes tend to use the 'Grey' shade, but if like me you have flecks of copper/red in your hair then Sable is the better choice.


Its very natural, as most of Bobbi's shades are, and doesn't make your brows look too made up. It will last you for a long time too, considering how little I've had to use to fill in my eyebrows over the weekend! 

Next week I'm going to Florence so expect lots of pictures of food, I'll photograph my make-up choices while I'm out there, as well as my on board make-up bag!



2 comments:

  1. I do have to say spot on regarding the bobby brown eye shadow. My old one made me look like a tranny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it! I don't know how I've gone so long without knowing about it...

      Delete